The mission of Paramount School of Excellence is to inspire learning through an unparalleled academic approach, and transform communities by changing lives.
At Paramount School of Excellence (PSOE), each child will maximize their potential against measurable standards, developing the skills necessary to become successful and productive citizens in a Global society. Developing compassion and understanding, students will learn to respect their environment, themselves and one another.
PSOE serves Grades K – 8 using an integrated, humanities and research based curricula, and develops a network of existing programs, services and resources to broaden the reach of choices to all students and families.
Details about PSOE’s overall program and operations are listed below:
- 55,000 sq. ft. facility
- 5.5 acres
- Large Urban Farm
- Cheese processing facility
- 1/2 mile fitness trail
- 30 seat outdoor classroom
- Strong adherence to Indiana Academic Standards
- Core Knowledge
- Pearson Mathematics
- Pearson Reading
- Spiraling curriculum
- Integrated learning
- All-Apple hardware (iPad, iTouch, and Macbook)
- Wireless infrastructure
- Interactive whiteboards and/or Apple TV-Airplay connectivity in every class
- All carpet is recycled
- Five 40 foot, 2500 Watt wind turbines
- Comprehensive recycling program through Work Force Inc.
- Student “Green Team”
- K-8 composting program
- Urban Farm
- Summer student gardening program (STEAM)
Dr. Michelle Thompson
Institute for School Excellence